The Home Energy Scotland Loan
Take Advantage of the 'Home Energy Scotland' Loan
Don't Miss Out!
We all know that creating a more energy-efficient home can be a real money-saver. But did you know that you could now cut the cost of achieving it up front by applying for a Home Energy Scotland loan, from the Scottish Government?
If you're in the Highland region and you're interested in applying, why not speak to us about the advantages, the terms and conditions, eligibility and just how much you could potentially save over time. It's an opportunity not to be missed.
What is a Home Energy Scotland Loan?
The Home Energy Scotland loan is funding of up to £32,500 (per home) from the Scottish Government to help homeowners and landlords make money-saving energy-efficient improvements to their property / properties. Cash-back grants are also available for the same purpose - although only for a limited time.
Depending on how much you borrow, loans can be paid back over a period of up to 12 years. Plus, with the savings on energy costs that you could make with a more energy-efficient home, it starts to pay for itself. Why not speak to us today for more information? Don't delay though...it's first come, first served.
NB Terms and conditions apply to the loan and the cash-back grants. We can help explain the options available to you, but you must apply directly to Home Energy Scotland for the loan itself. And remember, there's limited availability.
What Does a Home Energy Scotland Loan Cover?
It's designed to cover a broad range of energy-efficient improvements including: -
- External/internal insulation including cavity wall, loft, floor, doors and roofs.
- new heating systems – gas, LPG, oil boilers, electric storage and warm air units.
- double and secondary glazing (certain conditions apply – ask us).
- renewables systems and approved district heating systems including (but not exclusive to) biomass, wind turbine, solar water, solar PV and hydro turbine.
Who is eligible for a Home Energy Scotland Loan?
The loan is open to applications from anyone seeking to make energy-efficient improvements, who falls into any and / or all of the following categories: -
- Owner-occupiers resident in Scotland.
- Certain registered private sector landlords in Scotland, although you must be operating as a 'natural person'; businesses that own and rent domestic properties are not eligible for this loan although may be eligible for support under the SME loan scheme. Need help with that? Speak to us today.
- Landlords can apply for up to three properties.
- Please also note that the loans are available for improvements to existing residential buildings. New buildings under construction (where the applicant is the owner) are eligible for funding for renewable systems only.
How Do I Apply and How Can The Energy Saving Store Help Me?
At The Energy Saving Store, we can help explain the loan - including the terms and conditions - but we cannot apply on your behalf. For full impartial advice about your home and an application form, you must contact Home Energy Scotland in person*.